Job Alert: Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Senior Marketing Communications Coordinator – Job Description
|Job Title:||Senior Marketing Communications Coordinator|
|Department:||Marketing & Communications, EHA Clinics|
|Reports to:||Chief of Staff|
|Location:||Kano (Some travel may be required for meetings and other ad hoc activities)|
Who we are: EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a chain of clinics spread across Nigeria that provides innovative and technology-driven healthcare to the population. EHA Clinics currently boasts of three Clinics locations in Abuja and Kano and is working to expand to other parts of Nigeria. EHA Clinics uses state-of-the-art equipment to bridge the gap in the provision of high-quality diagnostics and healthcare through routine services (general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, etc.) and specialized services (including telemedicine, medical evacuation, home care, dental care, ophthalmology, and radiology).
Within every clinic location, EHA Clinics simultaneously implements a Community Health Program, which uses an innovative financing mechanism to promote universal health coverage and access for the low-income, uninsured and underserved population through a low-cost, pro-poor prepayment scheme. These programs form the basis of care EHA Clinics provide, catering to different cadres of the population based on economic profiles.
Summary of Job: The Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator plays an important role in enabling the success of marketing efforts in a dynamic, diverse, and growing brand. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of corporate communications and demand generation for the clinics, their programs, and services.
The Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator will develop and implement communications strategies and work with internal and external partners to develop and manage communication tools and marketing projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this role successfully, the Senior Marketing Communications Coordinator will perform the following responsibilities in relation to all clinics which will include but are not limited to:
- Lead communications planning, strategy, and execution for all the Clinics’ programs and services, including the REACH community health program.
- Develop and implement strategies to raise the profile of EHA Clinics and the services provided.
- Work with the Chief of Staff to coordinate and manage special marketing/communication events, projects, and publications.
- Partner with the Executive and Senior Management teams to create marketing plans aligned to the organization’s objectives.
- Provide training and marketing leadership and act as a marketing subject matter expert for the senior management team and medical team.
- Keep abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts, and evolving digital and marketing trends.
Digital Marketing & Content Management
- Facilitate social media engagement and update content in local digital channels.
- Develop and execute promotion campaigns via digital advertising channels.
- Engage in proactive online reputation management by reviewing relevant client comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and work with internal teams to respond accordingly.
- Manage the content of websites and social media channels.
- Produce regular email newsletters and client communications.
- Plan and execute content production in liaison with internal team and vendors (video, infographic, visuals, web articles, etc.)
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
- Develop a comprehensive media engagement and PR plan per quarter.
- Lead impactful PR strategy activities to drive quality press coverage through media engagement, in alignment with communications objectives.
- Maintain a comprehensive list of local media contacts, with particular emphasis on health influencers and bloggers.
- Write and distribute all media advisories, media pitches, and press releases for the Clinics.
- Manage the execution of events, community/government relations activities, and press promotional activities.
- Support the coordination of photography for advertising, collateral, and public relations purposes.
Direct Marketing and Collateral Development
- Oversee development of customer-facing materials (brochures, posters, banners, etc.), and manage approval processes.
- Understand brand strategies and ensure all communications align accordingly across all products and services.
- Directly manage marketing vendors and suppliers.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent writing, editing, grammar, and proofreading
- Strong working knowledge of all forms of communication (print and digital)
- Proven success in crafting messaging and maintaining brand voice
- Experience in managing digital platforms (Hootsuite, MailChimp, Google Ads, Analytics, etc.)
- Proven success in growing social media audiences
- Demonstrated ability to organize and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in team environments and closely with senior management
- Proficiency in Google Suite with a working knowledge of Odoo
Work Experience: S/he will be required to have 6 – 8 years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing, branding, or related disciplines. Experience with healthcare or services marketing is a plus.
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, media, or similar discipline.
- Must demonstrate excellent marketing communications skills and knowledge. Experience working with cross-functional teams in executing tactics.
- Professional certifications, qualifications, and memberships (CIM, ANIPR, APCON, etc.) a plus
Competitive salary scale based on surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria. Salary is negotiable but performance-based.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period.