Top 50 Most Influential Women In Marketing & Communications Unveiled At WIMCA 2022
The Conveners of the Women in Marketing and Communications Conference and Awards, WIMCA, have unveiled the list of the top 50 Most Influential Women in Marketing and Communications in Nigeria at a high-class evening gala event held at the Landmark Event Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos.
The event which was the grand finale of WIMCA 2022 had the presence of the crème de la crème of the integrated marketing industry at the gala. Earlier, the event featured a conference that had speakers such as the first female Managing Director/CEO of Cadbury Nigeria Plc./Mondelez West Africa, Oyeyimika Adeboye, and Pladis Global’s Marketing Director, Dr. Omotola Elatuyi among others; a master-class for women-owned businesses and an exhibition showcase for businesses.
Speaking on the list, the convener of WIMCA and Publisher of Brand Communicator, Joshua Ajayi revealed that the emergence of the top 50 marking and communications Amazons, follows a nomination process that resulted in the receipt of thousands of entries nominating deserving women who have impacted the marketing and communications sector in the year under review-2021-2022.
“These entries were subjected to a rigorous review process by an independent panel of assessors made up of seasoned players in this industry. The result of their efforts is the recognition of these distinguished amazing professionals.
Among those who made the prestigious list are Folake-Ani-Mumuney, Global Head Marketing & Corporate Communications, First Bank ltd; Sade Morgan, Corporate Affairs Director, Nigerian Breweries Plc.; Tolulope Adedeji Tomori, Marketing Director & Executive, Anheuser- Busch Inbev; Caroline Oghuma, Executive Head – Corporate Affairs, MultiChoice Nigeria and Patricia Obozuwa, Vice President, Public (Government) Affairs, Communications & Sustainability, Africa, The Coca-Cola Company.
Others include Oyin Adegite, Chief Communication Officer at Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO Plc); Dr. Tola Elatuyi, Marketing Director, Sub Saharan Africa at Pladis Global; Nwamaka Onyemelukwe, Director, Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability, The Coca-Cola Company and Dolapo Otegbayi, Director, Specialised Nutrition, Friesland Campina, among others.
WIMCA was conceived as a result of the need to recognize and celebrate women who have weathered the storm and have risen through the ranks to attain remarkable heights in the field of marketing, and communications while inspiring young and prospective practitioners.
The event was also borne out of the need to identify the challenges holding back female executives from attaining the zenith in their chosen careers and proffering workable solutions to those challenges.
Full List of Top 50 Most Influential Women In Marketing & Communications
Below is the full of the Top 50 Most Influential Women In Marketing & Communications in no particular order:
- Adedoyin Jaiyesimi, Co-Founder, The Comms Avenue
- Adia sowho, Chief Marketing Officer, MTN Nigeria
- Bidemi Zakariyau-Akande, founder/ CEO, LSF PR
- Biodun Adefila, Chief Operating Officer, SO&U Limited
- Bola Atta Group Director, Corporate Communication, UBA PLC
- Bola Osotule, Senior Brands & Marketing Communications Manager, Airtel Nigeria
- Bolanle Kehinde Lawal, Marketing Director, and Divisional Lead, Unilever
- Bridget Oyefeso, Head, Marketing and Communications for Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC.
- Bukola Akingbade, Vice Chair, Lagos Esports Association
- Bunmi Adeniba, Marketing Director, The Coca-Cola Company
- Bunmi Makinde, Executive Director, Media Services, Scout Media
- Caroline Oghuma, Executive Head – Corporate Affairs, MultiChoice Nigeria
- Cherry Eromosele, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Corporate Communications at Interswitch Group
- Chioma Afe, Head of Marketing Communications, Access Bank Plc
- Comfort Nwankwo, Chairman, Lagos NIPR
- Deola Art Alade, CEO, Livespot360
- Dolapo Otegbayi, Director Specialised Nutrition Friesland Campina
- Dr. Tola Elatuyi, Marketing Director, Sub-Saharan Africa, Pladis Global
- Ediri Ose Ediale, CEO/ Executive Director, Advertisers Association of Nigeria
- Elohor Olumide-Awe, Head of Category (Non-Alcoholics), Nigerian Breweries.
- Folake Ani-Mumuney, Global Head Marketing & Corporate Communications, FirstBank Limited
- Funke Adekola, Chief Operating Officer, Dentsu Creative Nigeria
- Ifeoma Areh, Global Brand and Communications Consultant Content Producer Principal Consultant, WildFlower PR& Company
- Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi, Chief Executive Officer, Slice Media Solutions
- Marian Ogaziechi, General ManagerChief Operating Officer of The Story Lab and Amplifi System (Agyle Nigeria)
- Motunrayo Babatola, Country Marketing Lead, Ekaterra Plant-Based (Unilever Tea Company)
- Mrs. Ijedi Iyoha, Director, Regulatory Monitoring and Enforcement Directorate, ARCON
- Nana Milagrosa, Advisor Communications, Image and Public Relations GEPETROL, Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, Africa.
- Nenna Onyewuchi, Co-Founder/Chief Growth Officer, Halo Invest
- Nkechi Ali-Balogun, Principal Consultant, NECCI Consulting
- Nwamaka Onyemelukwe, Director, Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability at The Coca-Cola Company
- Oge Maduagwu, West Africa Media Manager, Unilever
- Ogunde Yinka, CEO, Edumark Consult Limited
- Omobolanle Victor-Laniyan, Head Sustainability, Access Bank Plc
- OYIN ADEGITE, Chief Communication Officer, Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO Plc)
- Patricia Obozuwa, Vice President, Public (Government) Affairs, Communications & Sustainability, Africa; The Coca-Cola Company
- Roseline Abaraonye, Head of Marketing & Corporate Communications, Nigeria, Hayat Kimya Nigeria Ltd
- Rosemary Ekpo, Managing Director, EXP Marketing Nigeria, and Group Africa Production
- Sade Morgan, Corporate Affairs Director, Nigerian Breweries Plc
- Sandra Amachree, Senior Media, Brand PR & Sponsorships Manager, Nigerian Breweries Plc.
- Sinmilola Hughes-Obisesan Group Creative Director, Publicis Groupe Nigeria
- Soromidayo George Director, Corporate Affairs and Sustainable Business, West Africa at Unilever
- Temitope Oguntokun, Corporate Affairs and Legal Director, International Breweries Plc
- Temitope Jemerigbe, CEO, DKK
- Tokunbo George-Taylor, Managing Director, Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Nigeria
- Tolulope Adedeji Tomori, Marketing Director, Anheuser- Busch InBev
- Tolulope Medebem, Coo/Lead Consultant, Aster Integrated Marketing Limited
- Tolulope Olorundero, Founder and Principal Consultant, Mosron Communications
- Tosin Adefeko Founder/ CEO, AT3 Resources Limited
- Yetunde Adekemi Adegbite, Managing Director, Dentsu Creative Nigeria