10 Trends That Will Shape PR In 2023
There are growing factors from artificial intelligence to data, technology, and storytelling that have consistently influenced public relations in the past years.
However, 2023 won’t be different as these trends will shape public relations and brands.
As we move into 2023, the world of public relations is constantly evolving and adapting to new technology and changing consumer behaviours. These shifts are changing how brands are perceived and how they communicate to gain goodwill and trust with stakeholders and audiences. Here are 10 trends to keep an eye on this year:
- Rise in influencer marketing: Influencer marketing has grown to $16.4 billion in 2022 and is set to continue in 2023. The market movement has altered how brands sell to and connect with consumers. However, brands will continue to partner with influencers to promote their products and services, and influencer marketing will become even more sophisticated as technology advances.
- AI and automation will support the growth of PR: Artificial intelligence and automation are already being used in many areas of public relations, from social media management to content creation. In 2023, we can expect to see even more sophisticated AI tools and automation being used to streamline PR processes and deliver more effective results.
- Growth of visual content: Visual content, such as videos, infographics, and images, is becoming increasingly important in public relations. In 2023, we can expect more brands to use visual content to engage with their audience and tell more compelling stories.
- Focus on diversity and equity: There has been a growing focus to promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in public relations in recent years. This trend will continue this year as public relations professionals will be conscious and sensitive to ensure their messages are inclusive to their target audience.
- Emphasis on Virtual events: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact how we gather and communicate, many brands are turning to virtual events to connect with their audience which includes virtual press conferences, webinars, and online product launches. In 2023, we will expect to see more of this with more advanced technology to make it more interactive.
- Emphasis on Storytelling: This has always been an important part of public relations. PR professionals will need to craft compelling stories that engage their audience and build brand awareness. They will also need to adopt multimedia approaches to ensure that these stories reach audiences where they are most likely to be engaged.
- Increased use of data and analytics: PR professionals are increasingly using data and analytics to over the outcome of their messages and make more informed decisions.
- The growth of social media: Social media continues to be an important channel for PR professionals to reach their audience, and this trend is set to continue in 2023. Brands must be active on social media and use it to engage with their audience in real-time.
- The rise of content marketing: Content marketing has become an increasingly popular way for brands to connect with their audience and build brand awareness. In 2023, we can expect more brands to use content marketing to tell their stories and engage with their audience.
- The growth of mobile: With more and more people accessing the internet on their smartphones, mobile has become an increasingly important channel for PR professionals. In 2023, we can expect to see even more brands using mobile to reach their audience and deliver their messages.
Overall, 2023 is set to be an exciting year for public relations, with new technologies and trends continuing to shape the industry. PR professionals must stay on top of these trends, counter negative myths about the profession, and be ready to adapt to changing consumer behaviours and technological advances.
Source: Carpe Diem