X3M Ideas Shortlisted For Gerety Awards 2023
Foremost Nigeria creative agency, X3M Ideas has been shortlisted for the 2023 edition of Gerety Awards alongside other global agencies.
The organisers of the award revealed the global shortlist along with the agency and production company of the year by country titles.
Gerety Awards is the creative prize that brings together an all female jury to select the best in advertising from a powerful perspective.
The campaign My Kitchen for Flour Mills Nigeria by X3M Ideas was shortlisted in the Work for Good Cut.
Executive Jury member for India, Mahima Mathur, Creative Director DDB Mudra Group had the following to say: “The Gerety Awards are the much-needed GPS for award show organisers who think that putting just one or two women in jury panels for the sake of ticking the diversity box is a job well-done. Having more women in the jury is not only about bridging the visibility-gap in the industry, but also about judging the best in advertising that appeals to society as a whole.
“Because let’s face it, there’s no one who understands better the power of authentic advertising that truly resonates with all audiences, than a bunch of women who’ve been on the receiving end of tired tropes, stereotypes and cliches. Which means, you’ve got to be damn good to win that Gerety trophy.”
In-person judging sessions were held around the world, and this week you can watch the jury insight panels LIVE from Romania, UK, USA, Colombia, Spain, Sweden, UAE, India and AU/NZ.
A total of 325 entries were shortlisted from 42 different countries:
· Most shortlisted category: across different media is the Craft Cut with a total of 79 shortlisted entries and Works for Good with 66 entries.
· Most shortlisted campaigns: Across multiple categories, House of Legends, SickKids Foundation by Cossette followed by THE GLITCH for Alzheimer Forschung Initiative by BBDO Germany and Shout for Movistar from VMLY&R Mexico
· Most Shortlisted Agency: Cossette with 16 shortlisted entries
· Most shortlisted Brand: McDonald’s across 10 different countries with shortlisted entries from Cossette, DDB Warszawa, DDB Wien, DENTSU INC, Leo Burnett Group Manila, NORD DDB Helsinki, OMD Germany, Scholz & Friends, TBWA\Paris and Wieden+Kennedy
· Most shortlisted network: from 12 different countries is VMLY&R
· Most shortlisted Holding company: Omnicom with 60 shortlisted entries followed by IPG with 53 and WPP with 52 shortlisted entries
The Grand jury will now choose the final winners which will be announced Tuesday, September 5. It will include Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Grand Prix, along with the overall Network and Agency of the year winners.
The 2023 Agency and Production Company of the year by country winners are:
· AU/NZ Agency of the Year: The Monkeys part of Accenture Song, Sydney
· UAE Agency of the Year: Impact BBDO
· UK Agency of the Year: The&Partnership
· USA Agency of the Year: Observatory
· Spanish Agency of the Year: Sioux & Cyranos
· Indian Production Company of the Year: Vanilla Films
· Spanish Production Company of the Year: Mamma Team
· UK Production Company of the Year: Riff Raff Films
· USA Production Company of the Year: Partizan
Agency and production company of the year by country is chosen by the local juries from the portfolio cut and requires a single film no longer than 5 minutes in length that includes up to three pieces of work from the past 12 months.